The West Pierhead Lighthouse will be celebrating its 81st. birthday in 2015, and is one of Several lighthouses that have stood by the Oswego Harbor since the late 1700's.
The lighthouse provided a means of guiding craft safely to Harbor and away from danger.
The Original Fresnel Lens that provided powerful beams of light can be seen at the H. Lee White Marine Museum in the Historic Maritime District.
For More lighthouse History, please Visit LighthouseFriends.com.
< The original fourth order Fresenel Lens is on Display at the H.Lee White Maritime Museum on West First St.
The Lighthouse will be undergoing a Restoration Project starting in 2015, and after its completion, the City may begin Tours of the Structure, weather permitting.
Designed and Powered by - BlackburnGraphics.com